DIRECTIVE IN RELATION TO ACCESS TO THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESSES OF THE NBCCI OFFICES DURING THE NATIONAL LOCKDOWN - 01 JUNE 2020
Notice: Delivery of a new labour dispute resolution practice qualification by public universities
The registered scope of the Council comprises the activities in the whole
of the Republic of South Africa of the sectors identified and described
in clause 2 and schedule 1 of the NBCCI constitution.
Powers and functions
The powers and functions of the Council to perform those functions set
out in section 28 of the Labour Relations Act 55 of 1955, including to:
- Negotiate collective agreements on matters of mutual interest.
- Implement, monitor and enforce its collective agreements.
- Prevent and resolve disputes.
- Resolve disputes between employer and: trade unions admitted to Council;
and its employees.
- Administer funds to be used for resolving disputes, collective bargaining
and general administration of the Council.
- Raise, borrow, lend and invest funds.
- Develop policy proposals that may affect the sector.
- Promote and establish training and education schemes and;
- Exercise any other power and function that may
that may be necessary or desired to achieve the objectives of the Council.
June 21, 2020
Design/Maintenance: Diana Delport
National Bargaining Council for the Chemical Industry
|(1) NBCCI Strategic Goals and Objectives:
- Enhance labour peace in the chemical industry;
- Provide the platform and resources for effective and efficient collective bargaining, dispute resolution, economic development and social justice for stakeholders in the chemical industry;
- Recognised and preferred labour relations service provider;
- Implement, monitor and enforce collective agreements;
- Promote a sound relationship between employers and employees;
- Consider and deal with any other labour relation matters that affects stakeholders in the chemical industry;
- Conduct the business of the Council in an ethical and responsible manner;
- Council organised, lead and operated on good governance principles;
- Become representative of the industry through making labour relation services available to all stakeholders within chemical industry;
- Governing the chemical industry in terms of labour relations.
|(2) NBCCI Vision Statement :
|“Be the home of collaborative labour relation solutions for the chemical industry”
|(3) NBCCI Mission Statement:
|“Accessible, effective and efficient labour relation services to our chemical industry stakeholders”
Department of Labour Registration number: LR2/6/6//137
of Accreditation by CCMA: 1